Hey, it's K! Since E's sleeping, I figured I would point out something I learned last night.
Do not order makali when you're the only one drinking it. Okay - recap. After spending several hours walking along the Han River down by Seonyudo Park, E and I decided to end the day of exploration with a nice nightcap at the bar below our place. We had never been there before and it was nice to find out, after walking down the steps, that the decor was really charming and the waiter was super friendly.
We slid into a booth and ordered a makali for myself (aka Korean rice wine) and a Cass beer for E. Now here's where my own Westernized expectations got in my way. I assumed that the makali would be brought out in a wine glass - you know, all chic and refined. On the contrary, it came out in a huge pot with two cups and a plastic ladle! I suddenly remembered the one other time I had makali this past month - and it was shared with three other people!
Even E's beer came out in a large bottle and two glasses. Needless to say, I drank as much as I wanted (my tolerance is going to kick ass by the time I come home) and made a neon mental note to never drink makali by myself. The end. Yup.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
man, i'm still so bummed i missed that night. TT.TT r & i did a similar thing last year w/a giant tea kettle filled to the brim with dongdong-ju. duuuuuuuuuuuude.
ReplyDeleteoh but you can get it in a wine glass in about one week!
ReplyDelete